ACEC Ohio members have access to excellent medical and business insurance plans and retirement programs through our national affiliate, the American Council of Engineering Companies.
While the ACEC plans are administered by insurance and financial services professionals, their operations are overseen by committees comprised of engineering firm owners from around the country. This assures the programs remain responsive to the needs and concerns of ACEC members.
Check out all of these cost-saving programs:
One of the biggest benefits of belonging to the American Council of Engineering Companies of Ohio is having access to the ACEC Life/Health Insurance program.
This program, which has been serving ACEC members for nearly 50 years, is administered and underwritten by UnitedHealthcare and is overseen by a board of trustees made up of ACEC members.
Nationwide more than 1,500 firms with over 70,000 employees participate in the ACEC Life/Health Insurance program, and 93 percent renew each year. That's because the plan offers flexible benefits designed by engineers for engineers.
When you enroll your company in the Life/Health Insurance program, you'll be able to tailor a plan of coverage to fit your need, with coverages including major medical, dental, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and more.
As a participant in the plan, you will benefit from:
- a vast provider network of more than 750,000 physicians and care professionals and more than 5,600 hospitals to offer members broad, convenient access to services;
- a dedicated account service team that is U.S.-based with more than 20 years of combined engineering industry and health care coverage experience;
- a broad product portfolio that includes several medical plan designs ranging from traditional, open access plans to account-based, higher cost-sharing plans to fit your coverage and pricing needs;
- the strength and stability offered by UnitedHealthcare, the largest single health carrier in the U.S., and an operating division of UnitedHealth Group, one of 30 companies comprising the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- ACEC/UHC Information Flyer
- ACEC/Advantage Information Flyer
- ACEC Life/Health Trust - Designed For You
- ACEC Life/Health Trust - Select Plan
ACEC Business Insurance Trust (BIT) oversees a program that provides business and professional liability insurance coverage for participating ACEC member firms. The program offers policyholders ACEC-exclusive tailored coverage along with broad policy terms and conditions. Program coverage includes automobile liability and physical damage; workers' compensation; and the "Spectrum" package policy affording protection for buildings, business personal property, money and securities, business liability, equipment breakdown, drones, cyber security, computers and media. Catastrophe liability protection is available through umbrella coverage. The business insurance plan underwriter is The Hartford. The plan administrator is Greyling, a division of EPIC.
The Trust has authorized the administrator to work with member firms to help them determine the most appropriate professional liability coverage available to them. Neither ACEC nor the Trust endorses any one PLI provider. Rather, the objective is to offer a choice of providers for PLI coverage. Under the Deductible Assistance Program, the BIT may be able to defray all or part of your firm’s deductible for automobile or property claims if you are an ACEC member in good standing and participate in the BIT program. Once your claim is submitted and processed by the Hartford, you can request the return of your deductible amount up to $1,000 per claim. Click here to download the form needed to request deductible assistance from the BIT for processed property and auto claims.
Further information about the ACEC BIT Program can be obtained by visiting the BIT’s website at the following address:
The ACEC Retirement Trust provides a comprehensive array of retirement plans that will help you attract and retain a quality workforce. With more than $850 million in assets, the ACEC Retirement Trust features top-quality investment funds and exceptional rates of return.
The Retirement Trust is managed for ACEC by Great-West Retirement Services, one of the largest and oldest providers of retirement services in the country. Great-West offers ACEC members:
- State of the art recordkeeping services and administrative services for 401-k, profit sharing, money purchase, SEP and SIMPLE plans. Your firm will receive daily valuation of plan assets and the ability to make investment changes over an 800 number at no cost.
- Educational materials designed to help your employees plan for retirement, including seminars, workbooks, videos and asset allocation services.
- Fourteen investment options selected from some of the finest mutual fund companies in the industry. All are offered without a service charge, so every dollar contributed is invested in your employees' future retirement.
All services are provided with no recordkeeping or administrative fees charged by Great-West. There is a $30-per-participant charge, capped at $3,000 per firm, assessed by the Trustees of the ACEC Retirement Trust, to provide legal services and due diligence on the Trust, its investments and its service provider.
- Why you should belong to ACEC Retirement Trust
- Benefits of the ACEC Retirement Trust
- List of Services
- Safe Harbor 401k Plans
Learn more about the ACEC Retirement Trust.
For questions, please contact Lydia Zabrycki, ACEC RT Director, New Plan Education at Lydia.Zabrycki@acecrteducation.com or call (559) 284-0370.