Steven R. Bergman, of HDR, nominated to be next ACEC Ohio President
Term would commence July 1
Steven R. Bergman, vice president of HDR, Inc., in Cincinnati, has been nominated to serve as the next president of ACEC Ohio effective July 1.
Bergman currently serves as vice president and also chairs the Council's Membership Committee. He also serves on the Council's Transportation Committee and is a trustee of the Political Action Committee.
Other nominations proposed by the Nominating Committee are:
- Vice President (one-year term): Greg E. Heaton, of Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. Heaton, the current Secretary-Treasurer, also is a member of the Transportation Committee.
- Secretary-Treasurer (one-year term): Richard J. Iafelice, of CT Consultants, Inc., Mentor. Iafelice is the chair of the Environment & Energy Committee and president of the Northeast Ohio Regional Council.
- At-Large Director (two-year term): Lynn S. Miggins, of KS Associates, Inc., Elyria. Miggins currently is an At-Large Director as well as a member of the Environment & Energy Committee.
- At-Large Director (two-year term): Gregg J. Simon, of Jones & Henry Engineers, Ltd., Toledo. Simon is currently an At-Large Director and a member of the Environment & Energy Committee.
- At-Large Director (two-year term): David W. Jones, of Jones-Stuckey, Ltd., Inc., Columbus. Jones is the chair of the Engineering Excellence Awards Committee and a member of the Transportation Committee.
The Council's bylaws provide that nominations for any of the aforementioned offices may be submitted by the membership, in the form of a petition signed by principals of at least 15 member companies. Any such petition must be filed with the chair of the Nominating Comittee no later than April 1, 2012.
If a valid petition for any of the aforementioned offices is submitted, a ballot containing all nominations for all offices will be provided to each member company by May 1 and the deadline for returning such ballots will be June 1.
If no nominations are submitted by petition, the nominees proposed by the Nominating Committee shall be considered duly elected and shall assume office on July 1, 2012.