ACEC Ohio Committee's Need You!
Think about joining an ACEC Ohio committee this coming year and share your ideas while experiencing personal and professional growth.
There are so many reasons to join an ACEC Ohio committee. You'll have the opportunity to give back to the industry, share best practices, discuss problems, solutions, and gain valuable insights into industry trends all while networking with your peers.
Our committees provide you with professional development which is essential as you advance in your career. Joining a committee gives you a chance to lead other members and hone in on your leadership skills.
ACEC Ohio is looking to improve the diversity of our committees. As part of our strategic plan, we want to get all members involved and help them achieve their full potential. If you know someone who would be a good fit for one of our committees please let us know. We'd love to have your recommendations for new volunteers!
Now is the time to get involved and volunteer on one or more of the following committees:
- Communication-- Develop and implement outreach and communication for ACEC Ohio including the Engineering Excellence Awards Program and review of all Council publications.
- Environment & Energy-- Represents the interests of ACEC Ohio member companies that provide water resources, environmental engineering, and energy sector work; maintains liaison committees with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, and other regulatory authorities.
- Government Affairs-- Provides direction for the Council’s Government Affairs activities; monitors legislation introduced in the Ohio General Assembly and rules and policies promulgated by state administrative agencies.
- Membership Services-- Responsible for assuring that the programs and services offered by ACEC Ohio are of significant value to the organization’s member companies, Coordinates membership retention and recruitment programs.
- Political Action-- Selected by the Board Chair, manages the ACEC Ohio Political Action Fund.
- Scholarship-- Review existing programs within chapters and make recommendations on moving forward with an ACEC Ohio scholarship program that will complement the ACEC National Scholarship program.
- Small Firms-- Develops programs and services to help the owners of small firms by addressing their unique situations; provides a networking forum for owners of small engineering companies.
- State Public Works-- Represents the interests of companies providing services on state public works projects; maintains liaison with the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission and works with AIA and AGC on issues.
- Transportation-- Represents the interests of ACEC Ohio member firms engaged in transportation engineering; maintains liaison with the Ohio Department of Transportation, Ohio Turnpike Commission, and other transportation-related agencies.
To find recent committee projects and information as well as the volunteer form to sign up on our website click here.
We are working to update our committee rosters. If you currently serve on a committee you will remain on that committee unless you notify ACEC Ohio otherwise.
If you're interested in leadership on a committee please email Haley Phillippi at firstname.lastname@example.org.