Construction Inspection Workforce Program (CIWP) Kicks Off
ACEC Ohio partners with ODOT and Columbus State Community College
Construction Inspection Workforce Program (CIWP)
ACEC Ohio is teaming up with ODOT and Columbus State Community College to create and help execute the Construction Inspection Workforce Program also known as CIWP. The CIWP is a joint effort to create a workforce of job-ready entry level ODOT consultant construction inspectors- the next generation of highway & bridge construction inspectors.
The Program includes:
- College Coursework of 36 credit hours in Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying, and Construction Management
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Highway Construction Levels I & II certification preparation
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Level I Concrete Field Testing technician – Grade I certification
- Ohio Aggregate Level I Certification
- Successful Completion of ODOT Tests for: Flexible Pavement and Traffic Work Zone
- 12 Month Formal Internship on infrastructure projects
ACEC Ohio is working with ODOT to ensure the 12 Month Formal Internship included in this program will allow the individual to sit for certification and work on ODOT jobs upon graduation. Along with that, program graduates will be prepared to work on local projects that include state, federal or local funding.
For more information on the CIWP, please visit www.cscc.edu/CIVL/CIWP