What you should know about COVID 19
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov. In addition, those with questions about COVID-19 can call the Ohio Department of Health hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
Governor DeWine's daily press conference at 2pm on http://www.ohiochannel.org/live
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has taken a number of actions in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). He signed Executive Order 2020-01D, declaring a state of emergency in Ohio to protect the well-being of Ohioans from the dangerous effects of COVID-19. The state of emergency allows state departments and agencies to better coordinate in their response.
Click here to view ACEC / OH Upcoming Webinars
and Recordings/ Minutes of Past Webinars
6th Circuit Rules in Favor of OSHA ETS: Appeal Filed Draft Enforcement Guidance Updated 12/18/21
OSHA ETS Update: Public Comment Period Extended 45 Days
- See announcement here.
- Sixth Circuit's Scheduling Order, which is available here, provides some insight into the timing of the requirements of the ETS.
- In the event that a stay is lifted, it is important to remember that employers may need to comply with most provisions by 30 days after the date of publication in the Federal Register (December 6).
- Client alert by the firm Wiley Rein LLP, which can also be viewed here.
- A federal judge in Kentucky granted a preliminary injunction against the “vaccine mandate” for federal contractors (the central obligation under President Biden’s Executive Order 14042) as it relates to covered contracts in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee.
- January 4, 2022. This is a change for federal contractors – the Administration is aligning all mandates to begin implementation on January 4, 2022. In our letter to the White House, ACEC had previously requested a pause in its implementation of E.O. 14042 and to provide federal contractors with additional flexibility. We continue to recognize the importance of vaccinations but have heard from many of our member firms that these mandates are proving very challenging to navigate, and we are pleased to see they are responding to our calls for flexibility.
- The full text of the pre-published rule can be found here.
- Extensive FAQ’s can be found here.
The Latest on Federal Vaccination Requirements in the Workplace: OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) & E.O. 14042.
PPP Loan Information
ACEC Advocates for Members: Click here to view a Federal Issues Update presentation from ACEC National's Steve Hall.
Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center Safety Guidance for Employers
COVID-19 communications to employees, customers, and community members
Ohio Department of Health Posters and Signs
Governor Mike Dewine Mask Announcement
Ohio Public Health Advisory Alert System
Coronavirus Business Assistance
OFCC Construction Notifications
2020 Coronavirus Project Interruption and Contractual Obligations--Weston Hurd LLP
2020 Operating an A/E Firm Under Ohios Stay At Home Order March--Weston Hurd LLP
and click here for Essential Business Information
New Law Extends Covid Tax Credit For Employers Who Keep Workers On Payroll
US Chamber of Commerce: Implementing a National Return to Work Plan
Federal COVID-19 Program Comparison Version 1
The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
Paycheck Protection Loan Program
FAQ: Paycheck Protection Loan Program
U.S. Small Business Administration: PPP Report: Second Round
U.S. Department of Labor Guidance for paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave
Coronavirus Supplemental Appropriations Summary Final
Cares Section By Section Final
U.S. Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
Remote Workplace Guidance: Remote Employees
Insurance Coverage issues to consider: ACEC BIT Insurance Issues